While some individuals may wish to attempt to carry a huge telephoto lens such as a 400 or 600 mm, I strongly advise using a 70-200 mm lens as an alternative. If you want more zoom, I would recommend purchasing a lens teleconverter (extender). They are available in a variety of sizes and are an excellent value for money alternative.
- 1 What should I pack for a 2 week cruise to Alaska?
- 2 What is a must see on an Alaska cruise?
- 3 How do you take pictures in Alaska?
- 4 What can you not miss on an Alaskan cruise?
- 5 What do you wear on an Alaskan cruise dinner?
- 6 Do I need hiking boots for Alaska cruise?
- 7 Do you see whales from the cruise ship in Alaska?
- 8 Are the activities on a cruise free?
- 9 What is the best time to take an Alaskan cruise?
- 10 Where can I take a picture of Denali?
- 11 What is on the Alaskan flag?
- 12 Where can I take photos in Anchorage?
- 13 Can you see Denali from a cruise?
- 14 What is the Inside Passage in the Alaska cruise?
- 15 Is Hubbard Glacier in Glacier Bay?
What should I pack for a 2 week cruise to Alaska?
Clothing for an Alaska Cruise Packing List
- Sleeveless T-shirts, vests, and lightweight jackets, as well as a waterproof rain jacket or windbreaker, are all recommended.
- Base layers
- Comfy pants
- Wool and wicking socks are also recommended.
What is a must see on an Alaska cruise?
Whatever month you choose to visit, be sure you see our top must-see Alaska cruise locations, which include:
- Inside Passage
- Glacier Bay National Park
- Tracy Arm Fjord
- Chicagof Island
- Baranof Island
- Misty Fjords National Monument
- Brothers Islands
- Inside Passage
How do you take pictures in Alaska?
Alaska Vacation Photography Tips: Ten Tips for Taking Incredible Vacation Photos
- Preparing your camera — and knowing how to use it – is essential. Shoot, Shoot, and more Shoot! Maintain a clean and basic composition.
- Take into consideration the sun. Recognize when it is appropriate to apply HDR. Prepare yourself for your close-up.
- Photograph at the Golden Hour. Don’t be intimidated by black & white photographs.
What can you not miss on an Alaskan cruise?
There are 12 Alaska Cruise Tour Activities You Shouldn’t Miss
- Glacier Wildlife Cruises
- Heli-hiking the Tundra
- Riding the Alaska Railroad
- Standup Paddleboarding Around Icebergs
- Visiting a Wildlife Sanctuary
- Sampling the Local Beer
- Dog Sledding
- Gold Panning
What do you wear on an Alaskan cruise dinner?
Increase the formality of your attire for a smart casual meal by wearing dress pants with a dress shirt and blazer instead of jeans and a tee shirt. Dress in a pair of polished loafers or dress shoes. If your Alaskan schedule includes formal evenings, dress in a black suit with a tie and polished dress shoes to make an impression. Men’s formalwear may be available for hire on the ship.
Do I need hiking boots for Alaska cruise?
In order to traverse Alaska’s hilly landscape, you’ll need a durable pair of hiking boots or shoes that can handle mud and snow, which might be a problem during cruise season. Bringing “a pair of waterproof hiking shoes,” says member sue450, is a good idea (they look like tennis shoes but the Gore-Tex makes them absolutely waterproof).
Do you see whales from the cruise ship in Alaska?
During the months of May through September, Alaska is open for cruises. Fortunately, whales may frequently be seen in the region throughout certain months of the year. It is true that there are some months of the year when you are more likely to observe specific species of whales than other months. The months of June and July are the best months to see humpback whales since they are more apparent.
Are the activities on a cruise free?
Activities. In most cases, cruise ship activities such as trivia games, pool games, big-screen movies (including dancing lessons), and sports deck activities (including basketball, rock climbing, mini-golf, ropes courses and shuffleboard) are provided at no additional cost to passengers.
What is the best time to take an Alaskan cruise?
The Alaskan cruise season runs from May through September, with July and August being the busiest months, receiving the greatest number of visitors. In accordance with conventional wisdom, the ideal months to cruise Alaska are July and August, when temperatures are at their peak and the weather is typically brighter.
Where can I take a picture of Denali?
Denali’s Best Photographic Opportunities
- Denali State Park is located in Alaska. Even though it is considerably smaller than Denali National Park, the often-overlooked Denali State Park boasts excellent hiking routes as well as an unusually beautiful forest lake. Stony Hill Overlook, with the added bonus of Wonder Lake.
What is on the Alaskan flag?
The state flag of the United States consists of a dark blue field (background) with gold or yellow stars representing Polaris (the North Star) and the Ursa Major (Great Bear) constellation. The territories of the United States traditionally did not have their own flags prior to becoming independent states of the Union.
Where can I take photos in Anchorage?
Anchorage’s top ten Instagrammable spots are listed below.
- The Anchorage Museum, Westchester Lagoon, Kincaid Park, Flattop Mountain, Beluga Point, the Alaska Wildlife Conservation Center, Portage Glacier, the Arctic Valley, and other attractions are all nearby.
Can you see Denali from a cruise?
Visit Denali National Park as an optional excursion on Princess Cruises’ seven-day Voyage of the Glaciers cruise, which departs from Juneau, Alaska. Known as the Denali Explorer Alaska Cruise tour, this option includes a train ride to Denali National Park, where you may spend up to four nights before returning to either Anchorage or Fairbanks.
What is the Inside Passage in the Alaska cruise?
Located between the Gulf of Alaska and Puget Sound, Alaska’s Inside Passage is a navigable waterway. Itineraries on this famous Alaska cruiseship route often include stops at a few of Alaskan and British Columbian ports, and it is renowned for its tranquil seas, unending history, and stunning beauty.
Is Hubbard Glacier in Glacier Bay?
Hubbard Glacier is a single glacier, but Glacier Bay is a collection of numerous glaciers; sailing Glacier Bay takes many hours and is a must-do experience on every Alaska cruise. It can be difficult to reach Hubbard Island during certain periods of the cruise season when the weather is cold, since ice can prevent ships from coming too close to the island.